Monday, February 22, 2010

Moi?! Complain?

I told a friend yesterday that it seems that I only blog when things do not work out. "Now that you mention it... " So, to "mine own self be true" - here is today's dose.

I did not finish the Mora vest yesterday - I was planning to do it during the Canada-US hockey game, but I fiddled with the Sekku instead. Tried doing Citron in it - some people had nice results, but it did not work for me. Especially after I did a whole row of M1 instead of kbfs. Besides, the colors and texture variatiations of the Noro yarn take away from the lovely simplicity of Citron's design. And are lost themselves.

Now I have two Noro projects going nowhere. And I will have to try the Citron in something else.

On a happy front. The colors of the Sekku remind me of summer meadows. In Poland. With poppies, cornflowers and - this is a bit of a stretch - violets. The latter grow more in the spring and in the forests rather than in the fields with poppies. Now I have a title for my project, but no project yet. I bought Mimosa from BadCat designs and I will try the Sekku on it. Keep your fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment