It is a top floor appartment in a prewar Warsaw building na Rozbracie. Very chichi, actually (I went for lunch in the neigbourhood there in February 09; I did not realize it till today when I found the flyer for the restaurant!)
Two bedrooms, one oval living room, large hallway with French doors to everywhere, large kitchen and pantry. Lovely, lovely herringbone parquet floors.
Only one problem - where do I get $759,000.00? Bummer.
I decided that I wanted to complete my Interweave Crochet collection. I managed to find the four early issues that I was missing from people on Ravelry. One has arrived on Thursday, the others I am still wating for. And InsideCrochet finally made it to my local mega-bookstore. Crochet all around!
I finally finished the sweater for my Mother. It fits nicely, although it could be better fitted across the back. We went to Stitch in Jordan looking for buttons, but they did not have the size she wanted. I think I finally found what will fit best at the Lantern Moon online store.
We also visited the DyeGuy where Luke made friends with Miss Rusty, the resident mutt. She was lovely.
I always knit both my sleeves at the same time - two skeins, two identical pieces, on two single-pointed needles. This way, even if I make a mistake with increases, they are still identical. Also works for two fronts, you just need to remember to reverse the shaping.
Lately I have been knitting more and more on circular needles - easier on the wrists, takes less space. And - you see the problem, right? With circular needles the work shifts around when you put it down, and it is hard to know where to start when you pick it up again.
Eureka! Attach the two identical pieces with safety pin/stitch marker/whatever, so that the two pieces resemble one, with a right and a left side, and a right edge and left edge. You will only lose your place if you stop in between the pieces, so don't do it!
Babcia Jacket is still not finished. I thought to finish it for Mother's Day, but then I was not making it for Mother's Day, so I decided not to finish it. It has been languishing on the carpet in my office, blocked for the last two weeks. I started the sleeves on my Linen Tie Jacket. Considering that I made half of both fronts on 4mm needles instead of 6mm no wonder that I am still is not finished - it should have been finished last week. But otherwise it is going well, even if a bit crooked. It will need serious blocking.
Snuck out to Romni Wool today looking for past issues of Inside Crochet and Interweave Crochet; bought eight skeins of Katia Lino instead. In lovely marmalade color (4 skeins) and in pewter (2 skeins) and two in natural to have enough for the VK Top with Cowl.
On the other front, workwise, a lot is getting done, so I am not complaining. Plus I am on service right now, for all of May.