Thursday, May 21, 2009

Yarn Crawl.

Today my sister (liontamer on Ravelry) and I went on a yarn shop crawl. We started with Lettuce Knit in Kensington Market where Cat Bordhi complemented me on my red-orange glasses: we were not taking her class on Moebius knitting, but I just had to go there and see her. We chatted for a bit. It was there that I finally met a yarn that was too pricey for me - I went to buy Alchemy Silken Straw for the Oriel blouse, but after a rapid calculation in my head and even after a good dose of smelling salts it just would not compute. There was another yarn, whose name I forgot that would have made a beautiful sweater, but again quick multiplication yielded the same result - nah-hah.

Onto Romni Wools on Queen Street where I died and went to Noro. After some judicious sniffing, holding and hugging of yarn I tore myself away to buy four skeins of Katia 100% linen for a window curtain which I saw yesterday, three hanks of Debbie Bliss Pure Silk in pink for a gift for Irene, and two skeins of Ella Rae Lace Merino because I loved the colour. I wanted to make the Corfu Shawl with it, but it seems that two are not enough, darn. I also found three past issues of Interweave Crochet that I did not have. My sister got some Scottish Tweed Aran Rowan for a sweater for her husband.

Continuing to Milton's Main Street Yarns. After a nice chat with the owner my sister bought some sale yarn for her next project. She is now a total addict.

Tomorrow we are hoping to go for a Stich'n'Bitch, ehem, Sit'n'Knit at Spun Fibre Arts in Burlington.

No comments:

Post a Comment