Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Generosity.

Last night I went to the Around the Bay Knitters' Guild meeting in Dundas. It was our annual charity silent auction. I took with me some order forms for Cambodia Knits and the first four puppets that the knitters have produced.
The members were very interested and appreciative. They want Monika to come and talk at the January meeting. Many asked for the order form, and two women bought the puppets on the spot! More puppets were requested, but I only had those four. One woman bought the Monkey and the Pig, because her daughters were born in the years of the Monkey and the year of the Pig! The Moose and the Lion also found a new home and 12 dollars for Cambodia Knits were collected.
As if that was not enough, I got the remains of the auction donated to Cambodia Knits! A whole shopping bagful of colorful yarns for more finger puppets.
I Skyped my sister later last night and all she could say was: Thank you! Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment