Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Is It Meant to Be?

 
First clue? Broken Knitter's Pride sock needles in 3.25mm. I bought them a year ago and have never used them. Thought that they would be great for starting the slippery silk yarn, which falls off the four needles as I knit the first few rows. Brought the whole kit and kaboodle with me to work in a backpack (which, in hindsight, might not have been the best idea). Opened the case (the fastening broke into smithereenes, but I digress) and took out - two needles and six pieces!




I did not give up! Cast on 3mm needles - so there! Starting a centre out project in thin yarn and tiny needles is not for the weak of heart. But the friction of the wooden needles definitely kept the yarn on! Woo hoo!
 
 
After work I went to Needle Emporium and bought 3.5 mm wooden needles from Julie. Now to cast on again.
 
 PS. This is the Flying Cranes stole as I took it off the needles last night. May be I shouldn't have?
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment